I have worked for the NHS for many years in a variety of medical and counselling roles. I have most recently worked as the counselling lead for the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies Service in Enfield, since its creation in 2010. I continue to work as an external supervisor for a number of NHS Trusts.
I have been working in private practice since 2000.
I have also worked for many years for a number Employee Assistance Providers, helping clients with difficulties in their work settings or related issues.
I have a particular interest in working with past trauma, loss or abuse, helping people to work through difficult past events that are still having an impact in the present.
- Diploma in integrative counselling (University of North London 2000)
- BACP Accredited member since 2002
- MA Counselling (Distinction, University of Hertfordshire 2004)
- Diploma in Clinical Supervision (CPPD therapy 2005)
- Post-graduate certificate in CBT skills (Westminster Pastoral Foundation 2007)
- EMDR (trauma therapy) practitioner 2010
- Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT) accredited therapist and supervisor (2012)
- I am an accredited member of the BACP and adhere to their Code of Ethics
- I am accredited as a DIT therapist and supervisor through the British Psychoanalytic Council
- I am a member of the EMDR (UK) association